Apmex – Gold IRA Company Review
Company: Apmex, Inc.
Trustlink Reviews: 5 Stars, 1 Review
Annual Fees: Unlisted
Minimum Gold IRA Investment: $2,000
Storage: Segregated or commingled storage (depends on custodian)
Phone: (800) 418-0235
Address: 226 Dean A. McGee Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73102
APMEX (American Precious Metals Exchange), is the leading Precious Metals retailer in the U.S. Apmex has an extensive listing of more than 10,000 products, and offers an Education section that can provide insights into the Precious Metals world.
Apmex is the giant of online gold, silver, platinum, palladium, mint bullion and numismatics retail.
Since Apmex’s vast product range includes any and all precious metal products, its customers range from individual buyers, banks and brokerages.
If you’re new to gold and silver, Apmex is a nice place to get an idea of just how many precious metals products that are available.
Apmex is near the bottom of the best Gold IRA companies review ranking due to a tarnished reputation based on customer reviews and a lack of Precious Metals IRA focus.
- Based on customer reviews across the BBB, Trustlink, Ripoff Report – Apmex has been reported to have customer service and order fulfillment issues.
- Here is a recent BBB complaint from Feb. 2016: “Never received goods. Tried calling them and just dealt with one incompetent person to the next. Very quick at taking your money, but never ship. Placed order (********? on 1st February 2016. Sent person check off that very day and was delivered promptly by USPS. These guys cashed the check…” bbb.org
- Here is another BBB complaint from October 2015: “I ordered gold bars 33 of them and only recieved 31 of them 3 months later nothing has been resolved the box i recieved was tampered with 95 percent of the merchandise i ordered was missing still 3 months later no help no refund nothing” bbb.org
Apmex is an incredible resource for doing research on products and pricing. It is like the encyclopedia of precious metals. However, with the sheer quantity and information available on their website, Apmex might be overwhelming if you are simply looking for a Gold IRA. Information pertaining to Gold IRAs is limited and harder to find when compared to other companies that specialize in the precious metals IRA niche. Another point of friction, is the lack of an easy to find, quick online account setup. In todays digital world, it is ideal to have control of your application online, right from your phone, tablet or computer browser 24 hours a day.
Features and Benefits
Apmex is the largest retailer of precious metals with the following value propositions:
- Unmatched inventory of gold, silver, platinum and palladium products
- Seasoned customer service team with call or chat options
- Among the fastest shipping in the industry
- Transparent pricing, what you see is what you get
- Competitive pricing, which increases the value of your investment.
- A dedicated IRA Specialist to help you understand your options and walk you through the process.
- Transparency of buying and selling as you see spot pricing updated in realtime on the website
- A large selection of IRA approved products — you can choose the products that make sense for your portfolio
Products and Services
- Gold, Silver, Platinum and Palladium coins and bars
- Bullion from private mints
- Gold and Silver IRAs
- Collectible Coins; PCGS and NGC certified coins, first strikes and early releases, historic coins, from ancient Roman coins to Pre-1933 Gold
- Transparent spot pricing, updated every 60 seconds
- Website that provides true 24/7 shopping and availability
- “buyback” prices for many products are also posted in real-time on website
- Secure home delivery in unmarked packages
- Orders paid by credit card or bank wire ship within one business day of the payment clearing – guaranteed
- Apmex Club program rewards frequent customers with everything from timely notice of promotions to exclusive offers and free shipping
- Gold & silver market reports
- Market & price alerts
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee