GoldSilver – Gold IRA Company Review
Company: Gold & Silver, Inc.
Trustlink Reviews: 5 Stars, 3 Reviews
Annual Fees: unlisted
Minimum Gold IRA Investment: no minimum (*However, your IRA custodian may have one)
Phone: (888) 319-8166
Mailing: GoldSilver LLC, 909 3rd Avenue #8525, New York, NY 10150
Head Office: 1325 Avenue of the Americas, Suite 0703-2, New York, NY 10019
GoldSilver provides bullion investors with thoughtful education and world-class gold and silver dealer services. It was founded by Mike Maloney, a renowned precious metals advisor, bestselling author, and one of the industry’s most sought-after speakers.
Mike’s book, Guide to Investing in Gold and Silver, is the number-one selling precious metals investment book of all time. And his extremely popular video series, Hidden Secrets of Money has opened the eyes of millions to the true history of money and the powerful cycles that are moving the markets today.
Since 2005, Mike has also been precious metals advisor to international finance guru Robert Kiyosaki (Rich Dad). GoldSilver claims that ‘No other dealer puts as much of their profits into research and education as GoldSilver.’
GoldSilver’s mission is: To transform economic storms into opportunity and prosperity for all who will listen.
From their website:
Our customers expect us to:
• Look out for their best interests
• Inform them on the economy and the markets
• Do our best to deliver on time
• Keep their precious metals safe
• Keep their personal and financial information confidential
• Be available to them
• Help solve any problems related to their transactions
• Never betray their trust
GoldSilver is in the middle of the best Gold IRA companies review ranking due to a tarnished reputation based on customer reviews and a lack of Precious Metals IRA focus:
- Based on customer reviews across the BBB & Ripoff Report – GoldSilver has been reported to have issues with delivery and there products & services:
- Here is one recent complaint from August, 2015: “G&S never delivered an order that I paid for. I placed an order on June 23,15 by credit card. G&S inform me only on June 30th,15 that they got my check and it takes up to 5 days to clear it. In my profile they notice to expect my shipping on July 7,15. After 5 days I asked them by email about the shipping date, they responded on July 6-Your check will clear by middle of this week. So your order will be expected to ship about 4-5 business days after your check clears our bank hold. According to their reply they delay a shipment from July 7 to July 14 what was ok. But they did NOT shipped it!! I contact again and again their customer service. On July 20th reply was – It takes 2 weeks for the item to be shipped from when the payment cleared. So you should receive a tracking number this week.” – BBB Complaint
- Here is a complaint from September, 2015: “Anthony A. Anderson at the Gold Silver Group contacted me to become the custodian of my gold IRA account after his previous employer (Merit Gold) was closed by the Santa Monica DA for deception and fraud. He “advoised” I sell my silver bullion and replaced it with silver Artic Fox coins that were worth 42% less. He represented these as beng a superior investment, when in fact; they were not and only earned him a 28% commission. My future attempts to contact him only resulted in him trying to sell me more, and he had my reviews on TrustPilot removed.” – ripoffreport.com
- If you are simply looking for a Gold IRA, it would be advisable to go with a company that specializes in Gold & Precious Metals IRA’s. The Gold IRA Rollover information on the GoldSilver website is sparse and more difficult to find when compared to other specialized company sites.
- Where GoldSilver also lacks is with a highly visible, quick online Gold IRA account setup. In todays digital world, it is preferred to have control of your application online, right from your phone, tablet or computer browser, 24 hours a day.
- It is important to note that they do list all of their custodians with links to their online forms if applicable. This is an excellent step towards transparency and options with the Gold IRA process. This is something that some of the other companies listed could benefit from.
For those who are first time precious metals investors looking for a simple Gold IRA solution, GoldSilver is not for you. GoldSilver lacks transparency with processes, fees, standard practices and essential educational information regarding the Precious Metals / Gold IRA process. GoldSilver makes whimsical promises (eg. Look out for their best interests, Do our best to deliver on time) with their services but do not have any guarantees or strict guidelines for their Gold IRA Rollover process.
Where GoldSilver shines is with excellent information regarding precious metals products, news and updates with an active blog and a broad selection of gold and silver with bulk pricing.
Features and Benefits
- Founded by a renowned precious metals advisor (Mike Maloney)
- Free shipping on precious metals orders over $499
- Deep industry and market expertise
- Broad product selection
- Experienced – founded in 2005
Products and Services
- Gold, Silver, Platinum and Palladium coins and bars
- Precious metals IRAs
- Gold bullion jewelry
- Segregated vault precious metals storage services
- MESA safes
- Hidden Secrets of money documentary available online here
- Online educational resources in their ‘knowledge center’ menu tab