Lear Capital Review
- 5 Best Gold IRA Companies...
- Lear Capital Review
The Precious Metals Leader
Offering gold for your long-term financial security.
Disclaimer: The information provided is accurate, reliable and honest. We may be compensated if you use companies, products or services based on our expert recommendations.
Lear Capital Overview
Lear Capital was founded by Kevin DeMerritt whose history is mainly in international banking where he has demonstrated a good history of being able to spot and anticipate financial trends. Kevin is also a respected analyst and the author of “The Bulls, The Bears, and The Bust” which predicted the market crash of 2001.
DeMeritt has used his knowledge of economic cycles, financial trends, sovereign debt, and diversification strategies to establish Lear as one of the most highly respected and routinely endorsed precious metals companies in the country. To get an insight into his views, you can listen to him on talk radio or listen to one of his 1,000+ interviews.
In total, Lear Capital has done $3 billion in transactions for their investors and seek to keep their buyers as informed as possible. They have an entire section on their website dedicated to “Keeping You Informed”. This is a video series that explores the common facts, historical perspective, and their policies when it comes to investing in precious metals.
Lear Capital Review
Lear Capital Review
Lear Capital Review
If you are looking to purchase gold or silver coins as an investment, then Lear Capital is a great place to visit. They are also a good option if you are someone who prefers to do the research yourself online and is hesitant to pick up the phone to call a representative. However, if you need more than just gold/silver coins then we would recommend going with a different provider.
Lear Capital has an A+ rating from the BBB and has been a member since 1997. Additionally, they are a charter member of the Business Consumer Alliance with an AAA rating as well as a TrustLink preferred member.
They have plenty of Lear Capital reviews from satisfied clients on their website that you can read through but bear in mind that these reviews have all been cherry-picked by Lear Capital.
- Website maintained daily – Lots of gold companies will just encourage you to call one of their representatives if you have questions. Lear Capital, however, does their best to provide everything that you would need to make an informed decision on their website. They claim that they have staff members working to maintain their website from 9am-6pm every day and are able to respond to requests incredibly quickly. This also means up-to-date timely blog articles are very common on their site that analyze current economic issues.
- Education – Lear Capital goes above and beyond to make sure that you are educated about the products that you are buying. This means multiple articles that breakdown topics like coins vs. bullion, physical gold vs. gold stocks, how coin value is determined, and much more.
- Required Minimum Distribution Calculation – This helpful calculator on their site allows you to calculate the required minimum distributions that you will need to take from your IRA when the time comes. Click here to view.
- Incentives to sign up – Lear Capital offers $100 when you make a purchase of $5,000 or more (used as a credit against your purchase).
- No platinum or palladium products – Traditionally, there are 4 types of precious metals that are able to be added to an IRA (gold, silver, platinum, and palladium). However, if you are interested in buying the latter two then you will need to find another provider.
- Only coins – Lear Capital is one of the leading providers of gold/silver coins and is very talented when it comes to doing this. However, this means that if you are interested in other types of precious metals products then you will need to find another provider.
- Lack of company information – Their About Us page mainly features bios about their executives, however, there is very little information on the company’s history or other topics.
Take one of the top gold coin companies, adapt it to the specific needs of Web investors, add real time pricing and a real-time staff, the latest online features, email alerts, secure ordering… and what emerges? Lear Capital!
Fees & Prices
- Outside of the price of different products that you might want to purchase, there is no information regarding additional fees or prices. However, we would recommend inquiring about this is if you call one of their representatives.
There is no storage information listed on their website. However, if you open a precious metals IRA then you will be required to store your metals in a depository (a safe house). Their reps will be able to offer more information about this process.
- Since the majority of their transactions are one-off purchases, there are no account minimums listed on their website.
Products and Services
Lear Capital offers a range of gold and silver coins for investors to buy. These coins can be purchased outright (which means that you will not have to fill out any paperwork) or they can be included as part of an IRA.
In total, they have about 40+ coins to choose from as well as a premium coin analyzer to determine how much any of your coins might be worth.
Additionally, they offer the ability to set up or rollover an existing precious metals IRA. Click here to get started. If you are curious how a precious metals IRA would have compared to an account that tracks the Dow Jones, you can use their IRA comparison tool.
If you are curious about precious metals that you have (or are considering purchasing) you can use their precious metals encyclopedia to research all opportunities.
Apart from selling precious metal coins (which can be bought outright or included in a gold IRA) Lear Capital does not offer any other services.
Lear Capital Review Consensus
Lear Capital is a BBB accredited business and earned an A+ rating.