Rosland Capital – Gold IRA Company Review
Company: Rosland Capital
Trustlink Reviews: 4 Stars, 40 Reviews
Annual Fees: Initial setup fee is $50, Annual administration fee is $225.
Minimum Gold IRA Investment: $10,000
Storage: separate, secure storage
Phone: (888) 612-5733
Address: 11766 Wilshire Boulevard Suite 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90025
Rosland Capital started in California in 2008 by CEO, Marin Aleksov. Marin is a 20-year veteran of the precious metals industry. Rosland operates in the US from their headquarters in Los Angeles, and they also operate internationally through affiliate offices in London, Hong Kong, Germany, and Sweden.
Rosland Capital is towards the bottom of the best Gold IRA companies review ranking due to a tarnished reputation based on customer complaints and a lack of clear and obvious Precious Metals IRA focus.
For those who are first time precious metals investors looking for a simple Gold IRA solution, Rosland Capital is not for you. Rosland lacks transparency with prices, and fees.
Complaints of Unfair Pricing
- Based on customer reviews across the BBB & Ripoff Report – Rosland Capital has been reported to have issues with sales, and deceptive pricing:
- Here is a customer complaint from May, 2020 “I will keep this simple although the temptation is to write a book. I hope to catch you before you invest. These are the facts, they can say they told me but I guarantee they didn’t without making it confusing. They turned $30K into $10K from 2011 to 2020 and very little was market driven. It was all fees, they took ~29% off the top. They then called me with a recommendation to move some gold to Silver and took another 18%. I could never get a good answer on my value. BS every time I called. With the recent drop in the stock market I decided to sell and move to market to try and recapture some of what they took from me. They purchased back for $10K and I have been sitting for six weeks watching the market go back up without my money in it. They don’t answer emails and I haven’t received my payment. I would love to know that I have prevented someone else from giving them their money. Who would make the investment if they knew they lost 30% off the top. I hope there’s a group lawsuit someday.” – Russell A, BBB Complaint
- Here is a complaint alleging bait and switch tactics from June, 2020: “Unbelievable… after seeing their adds for years on FOX, hearing their adds on conservative talk radio… I made the mistake of assuming they were trustworthy. I made my first transaction with them and was provided false information. I asked for Gold Eagles, but received some odd British coins that didn’t weight what I was told it would. The sales guy sweet talked me as if I wouldn’t notice or complain. I let him know I wanted a full refund and to pay no shipping. It was accommodated but took several weeks. I felt like I was dealing with a Mom and Pop organization… very unlike what you imagine for an organization that has used high profile advertising for years. Waste of time and energy… dishonest and deceptive! Stay away!” – Jim G, BBB Complaint
- Here is a complaint alleging price gouging from October, 2017: “I bought approximately $45,000 dollars worth of gold and silver from Rosland Capital in Nov of 2016. They never told me the spread or commission they they would make off of the sale. When I called them in June, they said my gold and siver was worth %$50,000 dollars. They did not look in a computer or anything when they told me the worth. So I took the gold and silver to 3 coin shops in San antonio, one which has been in business for 50 years. THey all said the same thing-that it was worth between ,000 and $18,000 dollars. When I called Rosland, they said that coin shops are “liars” and are not to be trusted. they also said that they would buy my gold back from me for a higher price than I sold it to them that it is worth more than what I paid for it. I do not believe them. I found out they lied – they said the gold was from Switzerland. I found out it come from the Solomon islands. If they lie about this, what else do they lie about? I believe they “stole” 27,000$ of my entire life savings by this scam.” – Customer in San Antonio, Texas, RipOffReport Complaint
- If you are simply looking for a Gold IRA, it would be advisable to go with a company that only specializes in Gold & Precious Metals IRA’s. The Gold IRA Rollover information on the Rosland website is sparse when compared to other specialized company sites.
- Where Rosland Capital also lacks is with a quick online Gold IRA account setup. In todays digital world, it is preferred to have control of your IRA application online, right from your phone, tablet or computer browser, 24 hours a day.
Where Rosland shines is with excellent information regarding precious metals products, news and updates with an active blog and a broad selection of gold and silver. It is clear that Rosland is an expert in precious metals products, but it is unclear what their competitive advantage is with regards to a specific Precious Metals IRA / Gold IRA.
Features and Benefits
- Broad precious metals selection
- Exclusive precious metal financing
- Exclusive storage program
- Deep industry and market expertise
- Experienced – 40 years of precious metals experience
Products and Services
- Gold, Silver, Platinum and Palladium coins and bars
- Precious metals IRAs
- Commemorative Coins
- Formula 1® Coins
- PGA Tour® Coins
- Live precious metals spot prices on website at the bottom