Birch Gold Group Review
Birch Gold Group Review
Birch Gold™ is a top dealer of physical precious metals and Gold IRA’s.
🎁 Silver Stocking Stuffer promotion: Birch Gold is offering a FREE Silver American Eagle for every $5,000 in precious metals purchased. *No limit on amount of FREE silver you can get.
As seen on
Disclaimer: The information provided is accurate, reliable and honest. We may be compensated if you use some companies, products or services based on our expert recommendations.
Birch Gold Group Overview
As one of the leading dealers of precious metals, Birch Gold Group wants to put their customers in the best position for a safe retirement. Their offering is unique from traditional IRAs or retirement accounts because the accounts that Birch uses are backed by precious metals, which are traditionally less volatile than paper assets.
The advantage of going with precious metals instead of opening a traditional retirement account is that you’re less likely to lose your life savings in the event of a market crash. This is an attractive offering these days considering that there have been three market crashes in the past 20 years (The Dot Com Bubble, The 2008 Financial Crisis, and the Pandemic Panic Of 2020).
Birch takes great pride in educating and working with their customers to make sure that they understand not only where their money is kept but why that’s the best option for them.
To do their best to educate clients, Birch has created a content library on their site, is active on practically every social channel, and commonly appears on podcasts (including the Ben Shapiro show) to discuss the factors that lead to market instability and cycles of growth.
The Education section of their website, that includes information in the following topics:
- Why Precious Metals
- How To Purchase
- Free 2020 Information Kit
- Interactive Prices
- Physical Vs. Paper Gold
- Your Financial Advisor And Gold
- Spotlight On Proof American Eagles
This dedication to helping their customers understand why gold is a better option has clearly resonated with their clients, who appreciate the gesture. We inferred this from the number of positive reviews listed on their site.
Birch Gold Group Review
Birch Gold Group helps their customers confidently prepare for retirement by opening or rolling over their retirement savings into IRAs (Individual Retirement Accounts) that are backed by precious metals.
They have been one of the leading dealers of precious metals since 2003 and their team consists of former wealth managers, financial advisors, and commodity brokers.
Birch Gold Group also takes pride in educating their customers about the benefits of gold/silver IRAs prior to opening an account.
Birch Gold Group Review Score
Birch Gold Group is one of the most respected names when it comes to opening a gold IRA and go above and beyond to make sure that their customers feel confident in using their services. Judging by the positive reviews on their website, as well as the amount of educational information, Birch Gold Group is very good at what they do.
- Very low account minimum – Birch Gold Group will allow you to open an IRA account with only $10,000 which is very low compared to most competitors. Most companies will require anywhere from $25,000 to $50,000 to get started.
- Low fees – After your account is up and running, the custodian that Birch Gold generally works with also has very low fees. Setup fees cost only $80 in total and you’ll only be responsible for $180 in fees yearly. Free shipping on all orders!
- Educational resources – The financial industry has had a reputation for a long time of being “too complicated” for everyone except financial advisors. In some instances, this has allowed for advisors to take advantage of consumers. Fortunately, Birch Gold Group goes above and beyond to make sure that their clients are educated about where their money is going and why that’s the best option for them.
- Fewer IRA options than other companies – Birch Gold Group only offers the option to sign up for a Self Directed IRA. This means that you (as the account owner) will be responsible for the investment decisions. This may present a problem if you don’t feel entirely comfortable making those decisions. However, Birch’s Precious Metal Specialists are available to explain the pros and cons of various types of precious metals.
Birch Gold Group
The best way to familiarize yourself with Birch is to request your free Gold kit with the button below. There is no obligation to buy anything and it’s yours to keep. Birch precious metal specialists are happy to answer any questions that you may have.
Address: 3500 W. Olive Ave., Suite 730 Burbank, CA 91505
Operating hours: Monday to Friday, 6am to 5:30pm PST
Fees & Prices
- First year fees waived on IRAs over $50,000
- The custodian that Birch Gold generally works with charges fees for both setting up a new account, helping with the 401(k) rollover process (if necessary) as well as an annual charge for storage and insurance at the depository.
- One-Time Custodian Fees: Account Set Up Fee: $50, Wire Transfer Fee: $30
- Annual Custodian Fees: Storage/Insurance: $100, Management Fees: $80
- IRA gold and silver from a Birch Gold Group IRA is stored at the Delaware Depository or Brink’s Global Service (located in New York, Los Angeles, or Salt Lake City).
- Recommended Minimum purchase of gold and silver in an IRA is $10,000
- Minimum purchase outside of an IRA is $10,000
Products and Services
- Precious Metals IRA – A precious metals IRA is one of their most popular products. These are Individual Retirement Accounts that hold physical gold (or other approved precious metals) for the account owner. It is very similar to a Traditional IRA but instead of holding paper assets, it holds actual gold bars/coins.
- There are a few different options with how you can set up your IRA and the best way to get started is to call them so they can get an understanding of your financial situation.
- Account Rollover – Birch allows you the ability to rollover assets from a Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, SEP-IRA, SIMPLE IRA, or other eligible retirement accounts.
- In addition to gold IRAs and silver IRAs, Birch allows you the ability to purchase individual precious metal products for physical possession.
Birch Gold Group Review Consensus
Birch Gold Group has been an accredited business since 2011 and has hundreds of positive reviews. Birch maintains stellar reviews from Google, Trustpilot, Trustlink, Yellowpages, Better Business Bureau and the Business Consumer Alliance.
Birch Gold Group Gold IRA
Birch takes a guided and streamlined approach to when taking care of customers who are interested in a precious metals IRA:
• Customers speak with a Precious Metals Specialist to discuss their options with gold and silver.
• If interested in moving forward, customers speak with an IRA Specialist, who will learn about their current retirement account and help to confirm rollover eligibility.
• If eligible to convert existing retirement funds into a Precious Metals IRA, an account is created with custodian (usually Equity Trust) capable of handling self-directed IRAs. Birch Gold can suggest a few options, and will assist with completing paperwork.
• Customer will then rollover funds from existing retirement account to new self-directed IRA. Again, Birch Gold’s IRA Specialists can assist in this process.
• With funds in their new self-directed IRA, Birch Gold’s Precious Metals Specialists facilitate the purchase of the customer’s desired precious metals.
• Metals are stored on the customer’s behalf at an approved depository, and insured for up to $1 billion. Customer has the option for segregated or non-segregated storage.
*Accounts that are eligible for a rollover include Traditional, Roth, SEP and SIMPLE IRAs. Also, 401(k) and 403(b) plans are also eligible to be transferred to a Precious Metals IRA.
Birch Gold Group Buyback Program
Birch Gold Group will buy back any metals from their customers at no additional charge.
Birch Gold Group Fees
- First year fees waived on IRAs over $50,000
- $50 Account setup fee
- $30 Wire transfer fee
|Birch Gold Group Fees||Fee Description|
|Annual Custodian Fees||Custodian fee is $80 per year|
|Annual Storage Fees||Annual depository storage fee is $100|
|Shipping Fees||Free shipping for all purchases|
|Minimum Purchase Amount||$10,000 for IRA purchase suggested|
$5,000 outside of IRA purchase
Birch Gold Group Q&A
Does Birch sell precious metals without a gold IRA?
Yes, Birch offers plenty of options for purchasing precious metal products that aren’t in an IRA.
How do I rollover my existing IRA or 401k to a gold IRA?
1. First, just make a call to speak with a precious metals specialist.
2. They will walk you through the process of rolling over your existing funds to your gold IRA with a new custodian. This is a fairly simple process and very common.
3. Once the transfer is completed, they’ll help you select the precious metals that are best for your financial goals and arrange for them to be stored in a secure IRS approved depository.
How long does the process take to open a gold IRA?
This process can take up to 2 weeks.
Who is eligible for a Traditional Precious Metals IRA?
Anyone under the age of age 70 ½ who has earned income.
Are there penalties for moving my IRA or 401(k) to a Gold IRA?
No, as long as your account is eligible, an IRA rollover is a common, tax-free process with no fees or penalties.
What type of metals can I keep in my Gold IRA?
The most popular assets in a precious metals IRA are gold and silver, however, platinum and palladium are also offered. Any of these metals can be bought in the form of coins, bars, or bullion.
How do I keep my precious metals safe while they’re in my IRA?
When you open an account, Birch will help you transfer your gold, silver, and other precious metals to a secure vault in an IRS-approved depository.
In what form can I receive distributions?
You can receive distributions from your Precious Metals IRA in the form of physical gold, silver, platinum, or palladium, depending on what metals are in your account. If you prefer to receive cash, you can have your precious metals converted into cash. Ask Birch about their buyback program.
Can I take physical possession of the metals?
Yes, they are held in a depository in your name and at the age of 59 ½ you can take physical possession of your metals without any penalties. Also, unlike a bank where all of the cash is mixed together, you have the option of having your metals held separately (Segregated vs commingled) from other clients.
Risk Disclosure: Investments of any kind involve risk, including gold, silver and other precious metals. Customers who are interested in investing should consult with a licensed professional investment advisor. Consumers should proceed with caution when being told that any investment is guaranteed, as past performance does not guarantee future returns.
Disclaimer: The owners of this website may be compensated to recommend specific companies, products or services. While we strive for accuracy, the content of this website, including recommendations and any negative reviews, may not be independent or neutral.