Goldco is a leading provider of Gold IRA’s
They pride themselves on white-glove customer service and helping individuals diversify their retirement accounts.
Promotion: Goldco is offering $10,000 in free silver for qualified accounts!
As seen on
Disclaimer: The information provided is accurate, reliable and honest. We may be compensated if you use companies, products or services based on our expert recommendations.
Goldco helps its customers protect their current retirement savings by transferring existing retirement accounts over to gold and silver IRAs. It’s safe to say that Goldco are gold IRA experts. Goldco maintains a stellar reputation with customers and it’s easy to see why. Goldco’s white glove service is second to none.
One of the things that Goldco takes a lot of pride in is their customer service – before, during and even after you establish your account. They highlight a few times that they help new clients each step of the way when it comes to opening a gold IRA and rolling over existing funds. We tested this out by sending a message through their online chat box and received a reply within minutes.
Goldco Review Score
Goldco are gold IRA experts and one of the top Precious Metals IRA companies. Goldco’s team of experts offer white glove service from start to finish. Customer satisfaction is the #1 priority and they strive to over-deliver on their promises.
- White glove service for the lifetime of your investment
- Excellent buyback program
- Clean reputation
- Multiple storage options depending on your preference
- 5% back in free metals on qualified orders over $50,000
- First year fees waived on qualified orders over $50,000
- Not the lowest minimum ($25,000) for gold IRAs
Goldco understands that saving for retirement can be an intimidating task. Sometimes, even when investors do all of the right things and invest their money in the stock market for decades, their wealth can be wiped out right before they’re set to retire.
This unfortunate event happened to many investors in 2008 and investors realized that wealth can be lost much more quickly than it is gained.
To help people avoid market crashes like the one that happened in 2008, Goldco offers retirement products that are backed by physical precious metals as opposed to paper assets. According to Goldco, there are a few reasons why investors might prefer to invest in physical precious metals:
- Tax advantages – Just like regular IRAs, gold IRAs offer the ability to accrue gains tax-free.
- Rollover ease – It’s incredibly easy and common to transfer existing retirement funds into a gold or silver IRA.
- Financial stability – Since the supply of gold only increases by a minuscule amount each year, there is no major risk of inflation. Compare this to fiat currencies, where the average rate of inflation is about 2-3% each year.
- Wealth appreciation – Despite the stability of the gold supply, the price has consistently increased over the years. In fact, it has actually outpaced the stock market since 1971.
- Diversification – Buying gold can protect against inflation, currency risk, default risk, geographic risk, and financial crises. For those nearing retirement, this security is a luxury not offered by other asset classes.
Goldco Precious Metals
Goldco is a privately held firm that specializes in wealth and asset protection. They’ve been in business since 2011 helping clients safely prepare for retirement through precious metal IRAs.
Contact & Hours
24025 Park Sorrento, Suite 210
Calabasas, CA 91302
Monday to Thursday – 8am to 5pm
Friday 7am – 4pm
Saturday and Sunday – Closed
Fees & Prices
Goldco charges fees for both setting up a new account, helping with the 401(k) rollover process (if necessary) as well as an annual charge for storage and insurance at the depository.
$260 – Year 1 cost. This includes both the cost of setting up an account as well as storage and insurance for the year.
$180 – Annually for storage and insurance.
First year fees waived on accounts with $50,000 minimum.
- IRA gold and silver from Goldco is stored in a few depositories
- DDSC is preferred — $100 for non-segregated (recommended)
- Brinks Salt Lake City — $100 for non-segregated
- IDS Texas — $150, offers segregated only
- Free storage for non-IRA transactions if the customer prefers not to have them delivered to their home
- Minimum purchase of gold and silver in an IRA is at least $25,000
- Minimum purchase outside of an IRA is at least $3,500
Products and Services
Gold IRA – A gold IRA is an Individual Retirement Account that holds physical gold (or other approved precious metals) for the account owner. It is very similar to a Traditional IRA but it holds physical precious metals instead of paper assets.
Silver IRA – A silver IRA acts the same way as a Gold IRA, except that it uses silver to store wealth for the owner. The biggest difference between silver and gold is that silver is known for making larger percentage gains in price than gold. This can be more attractive for investors who are more interested in growing their wealth.
401(k) Rollover – They offer the ability to rollover your 401(k) into either a Traditional IRA or a Roth IRA. Customers might prefer to keep their money in an IRA Individual Retirement Account) because they’ll have more control over it compared to a 401(k), which is sponsored by a company. IRAs offer a wider field of investments including stocks, bonds, precious metals, ETFs, and more.
In addition to gold IRAs and silver IRAs, Goldco offers you the ability to invest in Simple IRAs and SEP IRAs.
SIMPLE IRA – A Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees IRA is a plan that allows employees and employers to contribute to traditional IRAs set up for employees. It is ideally suited as a start-up retirement savings plan for small employers not currently sponsoring a retirement plan.
SEP IRA – A Simplified Employee Pension IRA is a type of plan provided by financial institutions for business owners to provide themselves and their employees with retirement benefits.
Goldco has a sister company that offers cryptocurrency IRAs
Goldco Review Consensus
Goldco boasts that they have more than a decade of experience as well as thousands of satisfied customers. Judging by the reviews on their website, Goldco offers exemplary service and takes special care to pay attention to each of their clients’ needs. Several reviews specifically mentioned this. Additionally, their website has a chat window to speak directly with a representative if you have any questions.
BBB Rating – A+. Accredited since 2011. Additionally, they have a Triple-A rating from the Business Consumer Alliance (BCA) based on positive customer reviews of their service, dependability and ethical business practices.
Goldco Gold IRA
Goldco has an easy step-by-step process from start to finalizing the gold IRA rollover:
- A Goldco representative will complete the documents to set up your account and the transfer or rollover of funds from your existing IRA, 401(k), or other retirement plan to open the account. Or, you can contribute funds per annual IRA limits and open a new IRA that way.
- Send back your completed paperwork and let Goldco go to work for you.
- Goldco will open your self-directed IRA and process the necessary documents to transfer the funds from your existing account in a tax free way, while avoiding early withdrawal penalties.
- Once your account is open, your representative will guide you through your precious metals IRA investment choices.
- Start to finish will take about 2-3 weeks.
- After you choose your precious metals, they will be purchased for you and delivered to the Delaware Depository, Brinks or IDS Texas.
- First year fees waived on accounts with $50,000 minimum
- 5% back in free metals on any qualified order over $50,000
- $50 first time set up fee to open your gold IRA account
|Augusta Precious Metals Fees||Fee Description|
|Annual Fees||$80 maintenance fee per year|
|Storage Fees||Storage fees range from : $100 – $150 depending on the depository, segregated or non-segregated|
|Shipping Fees||Variable, ask for free shipping|
|Minimum Purchase Amount||$50,000 for IRA purchase|
$25,000 outside of IRA purchase
Does Goldco sell precious metals without a Gold IRA?
Yes, they offer the ability to buy gold and deliver other precious metals to your location.
How do I roll over my existing IRA or 401k to a Gold IRA?
They open a new Goldco Precious Metals IRA for you. They help you fund your new account with the assets from your old IRA (there are no penalties associated with this and you don’t need to invest additional money). Once the transfer is completed, they’ll help you select the precious metals that are best for your financial goals.
What types of gold and silver does Augusta Precious Metals sell?
The company sells all types of gold and silver, ranging from bullion coins and bars to premium coins.
How long does the process take to open a Gold IRA?
This process can take up to 2-3 weeks.
Who is eligible for a Traditional Precious Metals IRA?
Anyone under the age of age 70 ½ who has earned income.
Are there penalties for moving my IRA or 401(k) to a Gold IRA?
No, an IRA rollover is a common, tax-free process with no fees or penalties.
What type of metals can I keep in my Gold IRA?
The most popular assets in a precious metals IRA are gold and silver, however, platinum and palladium are also offered. You can also choose between coins and bullion.
How do I keep my precious metals safe while they’re in my IRA
When you open an account, they will help you transfer your gold, silver, and other precious metals to a secure vault in an IRS-approved depository.
In what form can I receive distributions?
You can receive distributions from your Precious Metals IRA in the form of physical gold, silver, platinum or palladium, depending on what metals are in your account. If you prefer to receive cash, you can have your precious metals converted into cash.
Can I take physical possession of the metals?
Yes, they are held in a depository in your name and at the age of 59 ½ you can take physical possession of your metals without any penalties.
There is also no overlap of metals in the depository. Your metals are held separately from other clients.
Will Goldco buyback my metals when I want to cash out?
Goldco urges customers to give them the first chance to buy back their metals when they want to liquidate. Goldco will likely offer a better deal than from a random coin deal or broker who will lowball you.
DO YOU WANT $10,000 WORTH OF FREE SILVER?
With the Goldco gold IRA guide, you’ll learn everything there is to know about investing in gold and silver with a precious metals IRA. Whether you’re a long-time precious metals investor or a first-time buyer, your FREE guide will explain the advantages of gold IRAs, how to get started investing in precious metals, and how long the IRA process will take.
Once you’ve read your FREE IRA guide, Goldco specialists will be available to answer any additional questions you have about opening a gold or silver IRA. Learn how you can harness the power of gold and silver to protect your retirement savings, grow your wealth, and add much-needed stability to your investment portfolio.
Ask your Goldco rep about getting $10,000 in free silver!
Risk Disclosure: Investments of any kind involve risk, including gold, silver and other precious metals. Customers who are interested in investing should consult with a licensed professional investment advisor. Consumers should proceed with caution when being told that any investment is guaranteed, as past performance does not guarantee future returns.
Disclaimer: The owners of this website may be compensated to recommend specific companies, products or services. While we strive for accuracy, the content of this website, including recommendations and any negative reviews, may not be independent or neutral.